So I just upgraded my computer today with an nVidia 970GTX so that I can play Grand Theft Auto V. However, this caused two problems:
- I couldn’t fit the card into my case
- The new case had a different configuration, so I had to move my wireless card to a different PCI slot.
When that happened, Windows freaked out. Completely lost its sense of drivers, so my wireless wasn’t working. How to get it to work(note: this is from memory, some of this wording is not exact):
- Go to Device Manager
- Right-click on the network device, go to ‘Update Driver Software’
- Go to ‘Browse My computer’
- Click ‘Let me pick from already existing drivers’
- Go to ‘Network Devices’
- Scroll down to Ralink Technology
- Select the ‘Wireless LAN a/g PCI card’
- Install the drivers
- Get on the internet!
Now time for GTA V!