Why hello there.
As you probably don’t know, I’ve been working on this website for the past few months, looking to teach myself a bit of PHP and MySQL. It is of course, not done, but it’s getting there. 🙂 It’s done to a point at which I feel that I can use it as more or less a blog now, which is what I was intending it for. Actually, I was going to make a site to work with a new game engine to play [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Command_%26_Conquer:_Red_Alert]C&C: Red Alert[/url] on, but then I saw on Planet Command and Conquer that somebody made a new engine(not FreeCNC). So that plan sorta died.
- This site however, is going to become a [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web_content_management_system]CMS[/url] system. However, this is nowhere near what I would like it to be. Things to add:
- Ability to dynamically change pages. At the moment, really the only page is the ‘about’ page. I’d like to make it so that you can easily add new pages on the fly.
- Add new links. There’s no way to change this at the moment.
- Comment on news posts.
- User administration. You can’t do anything yet.
- User profiles. This would probably be something that you could turn on and off, as some people might not like this.
- Searching. Apparently, the InnoDB engine of MySQL doesn’t do searching very well. We need to find a way around that…
- BB-code tags(i.e. [b] for bold, etc)
Well, that’s about it for now. If you notice something horribly wrong, e-mail the webmaster. That is of course me. So, that’s just email@example.com.
See you later.
Leave a Reply